MapServer 4.10.0-beta1 Released

Howard Butler hobu at IASTATE.EDU
Mon Aug 21 14:17:01 EDT 2006

William,

Moving to -dev.

I was responsible for these changes.  In an attempt (maybe vain?) to
get ourselves ready to build MapServer as a shared lib, I was trying
to unify the pieces that were already doing shared lib stuff (PHP,
there was a 'make shared' target that only worked on Linux, etc).  To
get Python MapScript to build/work with a shared libmapserver.dylib,
I had to use the options they are currently set to now.  I knew that
PHP compiled, but evidently didn't test it :)

Do you have time to discuss this stuff on IRC or at the next IRC
developers meeting?

Howard

PS.  I would note that we are *not* currently doing shared lib stuff
by default for MapScripts or MapServer on *nix.  We have been doing
it in the Windows world for quite a while now though.