Recommended version of SWIG for building mapscript

Howard Butler hobu at IASTATE.EDU
Wed Aug 23 09:28:01 EDT 2006

>I'll let Assefa comment on the version of SWIG used for MS4W.

Jeff or Assefa would have to absolutely confirm, but I believe the
Buildkit (and therefore MS4W) is using 1.2.27 for the 4.8 series.  I
made some patches (icky #ifdef checks) to allow 1.3.29 to work (SWIG
renamed some things between versions).

In my experience, 1.3.29 has been pretty stable, and the swig folks
haven't ripped off another quick release like they are apt to do if
something is wrong with it.

I would also note that both the osx and linux build slaves on the
buildbot are using 1.3.29.

Howard