5.0 Roadmap Update (was Volunteer "todo" list...)

Fri Dec 1 13:15:45 EST 2006

I'm fine with continuing with other role Dan mentions unless someone
else
would like to do that.

Steve

Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> Steve,
>
>> The silence on the release manager question is defening... ;-)
>>

> I would want to impress a wish for a people who was able to
syncronize
> the developer's activity for the sake of the cause (like Daniel did
> for the previous release)

I'll volunteer as release manager for 5.0 unless someone else wants to

take the job.

BTW, I see two management roles that needs to be filled for a release,

the release manager and the technical lead (for lack of a better
word).

The release manager is the person coordinating the final steps of the
release, from the feature freeze to the final release, and takes care
of
bugfix releases that follow, this is what I have done for previous
releases and propose to do for 5.0 again

The technical lead is the keeper of the roadmap and the one who
coordinates all work that leads to the feature freeze. At the time of
the feature freeze the technical lead passes control of the current
release to the release manager and starts thinking about the next
release. I think this is what Steve has been doing for 5.0 for
instance.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/