projection within mapfiles question

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Tue Dec 5 15:31:49 EST 2006

(Sorry for the last almost-empty post)

Hi,

Given the following documentation:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/projection

If I specify a LAYER/PROJECTION object with a different projection than
the MAP/PROJECTION object, then I assume whatever reprojection necessary
will be performed.

Can someone confirm the following:

If I specify a LAYER/PROJECTION object with an identical projection to
the MAP/PROJECTION object, will MapServer reproject the LAYER object
even if it's the same projection?

I've heard stories that MapServer indeed will reproject, based on
processing times of testing both cases, but I thought I'd confirm here.

Thanks

..Tom