Need for msInit() and msFinish()...

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Feb 13 12:14:57 EST 2006

Steve Lime wrote:
> Does MapScript use it when the module is loaded? Is msCleanup
> called when the module is unloaded? That would be ideal since
> no changes to existing scripts would be necessar.

Steve,

Python MapScript apparently calls the %init code in
mapscript/python/pymodule.i at module load time and once
Sean is done his changes msCleanup() should be automatically
called when the python interpreter exits.

But my understanding is that this support needs to be
independently done for Perl MapScript and the other swig
based mapscripts.