4.8.0 Release...

Thu Jan 5 10:58:43 EST 2006

Hi folks: Sean and I found a bug in the antialiasing code (single pixel lines) within GD that causes segfaults under certain circumstances. It's a problem with the way they implement clipping for aa lines. I contacted Thomas Boutell late last night and actually heard back this morning. The issue has been fixed in the upcoming GD 2.0.34 release (no date on that release).

How should we handle on our end? This does not affect the fuzzy brush code.

I was thinking about asking for a preview release of 2.0.34 and then perhaps adjusting the configure process to detect that version. The patch to fix GD is trivial so we could even offer a patched version (or the patch itself) for folks that want to use aa.