Voting on RFC 9.

Tue Jan 31 11:54:19 EST 2006

I did spend just a little time looking at clearsilver. Seems nice, especially with flow control- definitely a 5.0 type of modification. Doesn't seem to excell with variable formatting though which is what I'm after.

Steve

>>> Steve Lime <steve.lime at DNR.STATE.MN.US> 01/31/06 9:24 AM >>>
I gotta get some work done at my real job and this gets most of the way there and only took a few hours. Ripping out the current templating system would take a tad longer. You do the math...

Steve

>>> Sean Gillies <sgillies at FRII.COM> 01/31/06 8:03 AM >>>
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-9/

+0 from me. I think your/our time is better spent making mapscript
better and using mapscript with existing Perl/Python/PHP templating
packages, but you know that already. For C, there is Clearsilver

   http://www.clearsilver.net/

Maybe a switch to something like clearsilver would be a good 5.0
feature.

Sean