RFC 19: style and label attribute binding...

Thu Jun 8 15:54:00 EDT 2006

Keep in mind that we ain't talking about a major breakage. 99% of applications do
not use the current binding support that exists.

I'm not aware of other RFCs or even just ideas in the back of someone's mind that
would require map.h structural changes that would cause compatability issues. Are there
examples that folks are thinking about specifically?

Steve

>>> Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at SWOODBRIDGE.COM> 6/8/2006 12:56:38 PM >>>
Frank,

This is exactly my point, I may have been too subtle on this point.

This would have a major impact on DM Solutions, Where2GetIt and lots of
others. It would be really bad to fracture PHP and SWIG mapscripts any
more than they are now, I think we need DM Solutions to weight in on
this also.

That said, if we are going to break, then lets really clean it up. This
might include (in a separate RFC) more changes to support thread safety,
better architecture for .NET and Java support if we need that etc. These
are the things that would really justify a major breakage.

-SteveW