Contributor list...

Mon Mar 6 11:31:14 EST 2006

Steve,

I am not a lawyer so you might want to get the OSGeo Lawyer to comment
on you questions below, but I would think the you would need to get
releases from all affiliations that one might have submitted code under.
In your example you could personally sign the release for your
contribution, but what if DNR, or UMN later came back and said, "Hey,
you were would under contract and we did not authorize you giving away
those code bits." then there would be a problem. It is a little extra
paper work but assuming there are not problems it should get done
quickly and creates a clean release chain for all the code. And if there
is a problem, then that is what this vetting process is all about.

-Steve W.