maplexer.c and new CONNECTIONTYPE value

Tamas Szekeres szekeres.tamas at FREEMAIL.HU
Thu Mar 9 05:05:11 EST 2006

Robert,

If you are developing a new layer feature provider you might want to consult
Jani, if

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-8

gives you a feasible solution. But you should have to upgrade your version
from 4.6. then.

maplexer.c is genereted from maplexer.l so it is not recommended to modify
directly.

On Win32 this file (along with mapparser.c and mapparser.h) is known
creatable with the gnuwin32 versions of flex 2.5.4, bison 1.875 by using the
following commands:

bison.exe -p msyy -d -omapparser.c mapparser.y
flex.exe -Pmsyy -i -omaplexer.c maplexer.l

If you don't want to consider upgrading your version in the future you may
surely change your source files as your will. (Not recommended)

Best Regards,

Tamas Szekeres