MapServer 4.8.2

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Tue Mar 21 10:10:27 EST 2006

Howard,

  I am all for integrating the new makefiles for this point release. The
reason for us being that, we want to relase as soon as possible ms4w and
php/mapscript binaries with the new build strcture.
Note that in the case of ms4w we would certainly release it under the
new structure for 4.8.2 even if the makefiles are not updated  since It
make things a lot easier.

Later,

Howard Butler wrote:
> At 3:02 AM -0600 3/21/06, Tamas Szekeres wrote:
>
>> porting your cool nmake.opt and makefile.vc to 4-8 would be nice.
>>
>> Tamas
>

> I don't know that this would be a bad idea, as we're already using the
> new nmake.opt and makefile.vc for the buildkit that Assefa and myself
> and others have been testing and using.  It might be quite a surprise
> for someone to get a new build mechanism and layout in just a point
> release though, and I would need to see some support from some of the
> other MapServer Windows developers to do such a thing.
>
> Howard

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca