A MapServer 5.0 Branch? (Re: RFC 17: Dynamic Array Sizing)

Mon May 15 20:58:13 EDT 2006

I agree on the feature list- been thinking about that for some time. My thoughts were that major revisions should have a number of user facing improvements. The dynamic arrays wouldn't qualify in my opinion so they should be part of the next 4.x release. Should a couple of larger enhancements materialize soon then perhaps we could skip 4.10. I do think we should shoot for something pre-conference if for no other reason that to get the curved labels out there...

Steve

>>> Sean Gillies <sgillies at FRII.COM> 05/15/06 3:44 PM >>>
Steve,

I think that the fact that it touches so many files is more an
argument *for* a branch than against. Anyhow, I'm just happy if some
milestones get set for 5.0. That's not to say that I feel that there
must be a 5.0 (or even a 4.10 for that matter) before the conference,
but it would be great to start listing the features for the next
versions.

Sean