New bug owner for mapscript needed

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Fri May 26 14:51:56 EDT 2006

Sean Gillies wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've got a brand new gig starting in June that, while geospatial in
> nature, won't be making much direct use of MapServer, and won't allow me
> much time to respond to mapscript bugs.

Sean,

Congrats on your new adventures!

 > My time as owner of the SWIG
> mapscript Bugzilla component is done. Maybe you'll want to reassign to
> one person, or split it up by language, that's up to you.

In my opinion we should aim for a maintainer for each of the mapscript
languages though it would be desirable to have someone with broader
knowledge.

> And since I don't foresee making many more big contributions to
> MapServer, I will resign my seat on the TSC as well, effective June 12.
> I'd like to retain commit privilege in order to make the odd bug fix
> here and there, but that's about the extent of my future involvement.

I don't forsee any reason you shouldn't continue to have commit priveledges.

 > I won't be supporting the Python test framework, or the mapscript.txt doc.
> To me, these are failed efforts, and the search should begin for
> something better.

I'm a bit ambivelent about the python test framework, but I do think
mapscript.txt is important documentation for the mapscript languages.  I'm
willing to take on responsibility for this aspect.  I would offer to take
on a broader responsibility for mapscript but I'm a bit embarrassed about
my weak SWIG-fu.