New bug owner for mapscript needed

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 26 15:20:04 EDT 2006

Sean,

I can take care of the C# part of the mapscript interface as i have done so
far. I can also deal with the language neutral issues. However I have't
appropriate test environment for the other bindings, and will not have
chance to dig into them in more detail in the future.

So if you plan to separate the roles you may count on me with the
aforementioned areas.

Have a good job, i hope continue to hear you in the future as well :)

Best Regards,

Tamas

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Developers List [mailto:MAPSERVER-DEV at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Sean Gillies
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 6:16 PM
To: MAPSERVER-DEV at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: New bug owner for mapscript needed

Hey all,

I've got a brand new gig starting in June that, while geospatial in
nature, won't be making much direct use of MapServer, and won't allow
me much time to respond to mapscript bugs. My time as owner of the
SWIG mapscript Bugzilla component is done. Maybe you'll want to
reassign to one person, or split it up by language, that's up to you.

And since I don't foresee making many more big contributions to
MapServer, I will resign my seat on the TSC as well, effective June
12. I'd like to retain commit privilege in order to make the odd bug
fix here and there, but that's about the extent of my future
involvement. I won't be supporting the Python test framework, or the
mapscript.txt doc. To me, these are failed efforts, and the search
should begin for something better.

I'll stick around for Bugzilla through the end of June, so that a new
component owner can be found, and I will of course be happy to assist
that person or persons in taking over.

cheers,
Sean

---