MapServer and GPL dependencies...

Paul Spencer pspencer at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Nov 8 11:34:26 EST 2006

Would it be worth (Steve) contacting the maintainer and asking if he
would be willing to release under LGPL (perhaps with an explicit
exception for MapServer)?  From the news item on the agg site,

"Current AGG users who are willing to continue using AGG under the
old terms and conditions are encouraged to contact me and I will
consider their requests."

I really think this could hurt MapServer in general, and just lead to
wide-spread confusion at best ... I think a bunch of users would end
up violating the license without even realising it.

Cheers

Paul