has anyone successfully attached msvc6 debugger to mapserv.exe?

Brent Fraser bfraser at GEOANALYTIC.COM
Wed Nov 15 11:48:44 EST 2006

Robert,

  One more thing, if you don't a have a vc++ project file:

- make sure the mapserv.exe is compiled for Debug via nmake
- Invoke the VC++ 6 IDE, and create a new console app project (it doesn't
matter where or what it is named)
- Select Project -> Settings, then select the Debug tab
- Select the ">" button on the end of the "Executable for debug session" and
select browse
- Browse to your mapserv.exe, click Ok to dismiss Project Settings dialog
- Select Build -> Start Debug -> step Into

It should stop at the first executable line and show your source code.  And
no DebugBreak required.

Brent