Website Issue

Curtis W. Ruck ruckc at YAHOO.COM
Mon Oct 2 23:01:43 EDT 2006

I was actually looking more for having MapServer return a Cache-Control: no-cache in its HTTP Header information.  (At least when mapserv is invoked directly over HTTP)

Curtis

----- Original Message ----
From: Howard Butler <hobu at IASTATE.EDU>
To: MAPSERVER-DEV at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Sent: Monday, October 2, 2006 9:52:58 PM
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-DEV] Website Issue

Curt,

Those objects were inadvertently left public as part of the upgrade.
They are used to control the caching of content in the website and
have no meaning for MapServer proper.  If you are searching for
information on caching, use this search query <http://
mapserver.gis.umn.edu/search?SearchableText=caching>.

I would note that there isn't too much returned in this instance.
MapServer doesn't do caching itself.  Look to something like ka-map
and its caching engine for more information.

Howard