MAP file parsing

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at OSGIS.NL
Wed Oct 11 08:08:13 EDT 2006

Hi list,

can anybody explain to me why Mapserver tries to open up all symbols when
doing a GetMap request on a totally different layer? I think Ed came to the
same conclusion a while back.

Why is this step done during MAP file parsing?

I think a lot of performance can be won here, especially for large MAP files
(with large symbolsets) like we maintain.

msLoadMap(): General error message. Undefined overlay symbol "loofbos" in
class 9, style 0 of layer TOP10VLAKKEN. <br>
msAddImageSymbol(): Unable to access file. Error opening image file
/data/home/bart/performance/loofbos. <br>

Best regards,
Bart

--
Bart van den Eijnden