Revised RFC 1 - Need Comments

Tue Oct 17 16:17:43 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> In my opinion this is adequately covered by the existing voting mechanism.
> Someone can be removed by a motion of the PSC.

OOpps... I checked again and found that clause #12 under the Detailed
Process covers removal of members. I had missed it on my first check
earlier today. Sorry.

"12. Addition and removal of members from the committee, as well as
selection of a Chair should be handled as a proposal to the committee."

> Note, I find the concept of purging members that the majority disagree with
> somewhat distasteful, but I can imagine circumstances in which it would
> be appropriate.

Agreed... but when writing contracts or committee processes like this we
need to make sure all the ugly cases are covered as well.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/