mapowscommon first pass attempt

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Fri Oct 20 10:33:43 EDT 2006

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:
> All,
>
> I've completed a standalone first pass at implementing OWS Common 1.0.0
> support (http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/common), via
> mapowscommon.c and mapowscommon.h.
>
> Assefa and Dan have provided an initial code review (thanks guys).
>
> The code initially implements clauses/subclauses 7.4.3, 7.4.4, 8, 10.2.1
> and 10.2.2.
>
> The code uses libxml2 to do the XML marshalling.
>
> Using mapogcsos.c as an example (since the SOS code actually uses OWS
> Common, I think this is the best place to get started), the way I
> envision this code being used is:
>
> - mapogcsos.c sets up libxml2 objects
> - mapogcsos.c calls mapowscommon.c functions as appropriate
> - mapowscommon.c returns libxml2 objects (XML chunks) to mapogcsos.c
>
> The last bullet of RFC 7 states:
>
> "If new files or library dependencies are added, then the configure.in,
> Makefile.in, Makefile.vc and related documentations should be kept up to
> date."
>
> Is there a any step-by-step process on how one integrates new code (as
> far as integrating into the files above, etc.)?  I guess I'm looking for
> some integration help for a first timer here :)

  One main the main goals is to insure that the new code builds properly
on the different platforms after the commit.  On windows, in this case
the Makfile.vc would be modified to include mapowscommon.obj. I have not
seen any new compiler flags so no need to update nmake.opt.
If you do not have a windows box handy, I can do the tests after you
have committed the new files and updated makefile.vc.

> Thanks
>
> ..Tom

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst