mapserver fastcgi memory leak

Ehud Shabtai eshabtai at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 12 17:16:32 EDT 2006

On 9/12/06, Steve Lime <Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us> wrote:
> Ehud: Have you tried another version of Freetype or are you using the
> latest/greatest?

I'm using freetype-2.1.10.
The latest is 2.2.1. It seems that my system is not yet ready for an
upgrade to 2.2.x (2.2.x hides some undocumented interfaces and some of
my packages are not compatible with it).

The fact that the leak comes from freetype doesn't necessarily point
to a problem in freetype, it might be a problem in GD, or Mapserver.

I'm going to play with different map files and see if that makes any
change. I'm not confident that just any freetype string causes a leak,
and maybe I'll be able to better pin point on a specific feature in
the map file which causes the leak to show.

Ehud.

--
Ehud Shabtai
http://www.freemap.co.il/map/