plans for exposing more GEOS methods using WFS?

Fri Sep 29 13:07:23 EDT 2006

I actually was thinking about this the other day. I had thought that we
could extend msQueryByShape to
take an operator as Assefa suggests with the default being intersects
as it is now. Perhaps writing a new
function makes more sense since the existing function respects
tolerances and such with the new one
wouldn't have to. Shouldn't be too difficult...

Steve

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> are there currently plans to expose more GEOS methods via Mapserver
WFS?

> Best regards,
> Bart

Bart,

  Not that I know of.  One way to approach is to to have some
msQueryxxx
function in the query code (equivalent to msQueryByShape) that could
take the spatial operator as argument and do the query respecting this

operator.  From wfs, It could then be a simple matter of calling the
query function with the appropriate operator.
Steve, what do you think ?

Later,

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst