Label Drawing Order

Fri Sep 29 13:11:09 EDT 2006

I'm sure it's fixable. Questions though. How are you drawing the marker?
In MapScript? If
so what does that code look like (are you using feature or map level
draw() calls)? What
does the mapfile look like?

Steve

>>> Brian Krebs <brian.krebs at KORTERRA.COM> 9/29/2006 11:41:21 AM >>>
I'm dynamically placing a marker on my map based on coordinates I'm
getting from a database.  The marker layer is the last layer in my map
file, but street labels are being drawn over it.  I've tried turning
LABELCACHE off on the street labels which allowed the marker to be
drawn
on top, but then instead of having one label per street, it's putting
multiple labels along the whole length of the street.

Does anyone know how to fix this so I can get the marker to be drawn
on
the very top without having all of the extra labels?

Thanks