RFC 6 - Whatever happened to this?

Mon Apr 16 23:52:02 EDT 2007

Frank is correct, there is something implemented (there is a RANGEITEM and such). Bill Binko did hint at wanting to pick this up again for 5.0 back when I was fishing around for a feature list. Hopefully he's reading this thread and can comment further.

Steve

On 4/17/07, Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Whatever happened to RFC6: Color Range Mapping of Continuous Feature
> Values? Did this die on the vine? I seem to remember it maybe got
> implemented but not documented or released officially. It was last
> edited: 2005-11-10 and is status: Proposed
>
> Should this be included in the Rev 5.0 plans?
> I was going to check bug #1305, but bugzilla is down.

Steve,

I believe a version of it is implemented but not necessarily well
documented. I think the RFC process for this broke down due to
the variety of ideas on how it ought to be done, exausting the
proposer.  I'm sure I was part of the problem!

I would like to see this picked back up, polished and addressed,
but it will really require someone to take ownership.