Mapserver buildbot and the SVN transition

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed Apr 25 09:43:44 EDT 2007

Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> Developers,
>
> Mateusz Loskot and I are planning to set up the OSGeo buildbot for the
> mapserver project. In the recent days I see you guys have a large
> amount of work tracking down the various kind of issues related to the
> various changes in the CVS HEAD. I guess it would be helpful to see in
> a timeline how the project builds and the tests work on the different
> platforms.
>
> The only trouble of mine is that this work shall have to be recomposed
> upon the upcoming SVN transition. Do we have a milestone when the
> transition of the SVN repository will be made? I think if it is
> planned be realized some time beyond the 5.0 release it's worth
> considering me to accept this additional work.

Tamas,

 From my point of view, I'd like to see a MapServer transition to SVN
sooner, and I'm looking forward to the benefits of svn/trac integration
in the leadup to a 5.0 release.

Howard - when would you be willing to do a mapserver cvs to svn transition
if the PSC passed a motion to proceed?  Anyone see any "gotchas"?  If all
looks well someone should bring forward a motion for the transition.