Motion: Migrate to SVN was (Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-DEV] Mapserver buildbot and the SVN transition)

Howard Butler hobu.inc at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 25 13:33:15 EDT 2007

I will be using cvs2svn, which dumps a default layout like:

./tags
./branches
./trunk

All of the history will be preserved as part of the migration (I
wouldn't migrate if we couldn't).

Also, re: Note2.
I have incremental dumps that happen on a 3 hour cycle that get put
in http://svn.osgeo.org/dumps  The intent here is that you do a wget
--mirror and after the first big flush of data, the bandwidth costs
to keep a mirror in the future is tiny.  The files are gzipped and
named in such a way that they can be cat'ed together to make a svn
dump file that can be used to recreate the repository.

Howard