Minutes of August 3rd IRC meeting

Fri Aug 3 16:03:14 EDT 2007

Here are the minutes of this morning's IRC meeting:

MapServer 5.0 IRC Meeting, August 3, 2007

Agenda:
-------

1- Update from developers
     - review state of Trac roadmap

2- Update from Docs group
     - Did the fork of 4.10 vs 5.0 docs happen?

3- Update from QA group

Minutes:
--------

Present:

   DanielM, FrankW, SteveW, TomK, AssefaY, ThomasB, ZakJ, TamasS,
SteveL, JeffM

1- Update from developers

    - Discussion of AGG driver type in output formats

    - Reviewed state of Trac roadmap at
       http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/milestone/5.0%20release?by=owner

    - Moved all tickets from previous milestones to 5.0 ... 117 open tickets

    - All developers should review their list of 5.0 tickets in the coming
      week and do one of:
        (1) act on them (fix or close as invalid, etc.),
        (2) move to FUTURE
        (3) move to 5.2
        (4) update status if bug is still current and will be fixed
            in this release

    - Talked about adding rendering of markers and text to AGG driver in
      beta3 ... we voted and the majority agrees that we can live with a
      bit of risk in beta3 to make mapagg.cpp better since this is one of
      the key 5.0 features and it needs to be as complete as possible.
      Note that all changes must be completed before beta3 and no changes
      will be accepted after that, this is so that we leave enough time
      to fully test AGG support.

    - Talked about adding Thomas Bonfort as committer. A motion will be sent
      to mapserver-dev for this.

2- Update from Docs group

    - No update. Fork of 4.10 vs 5.0 docs has not happened yet.

3- Update from QA group

    - The QA checklist is not very popular ... hard to understand and
      nasty table to edit

    - We discussed the possibility of having the testers either email
      summary of results to -dev or replacing the checklist (table) with
      a Plone questionnaire with passed/failed/skipped options and comment
      fields for each feature tested

    - We will try the questionnaire approach for beta3 and see how it goes

Next meeting: Friday Aug 17, same channel, same time.