svn trunk error

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Tue Aug 7 12:19:49 EDT 2007

> Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:
> >
> > I added -laggfontfreetype to AGG_LIB (thanks Thomas!) in
> Makefile and
> > everything built fine.  Apparently Frank is working on this one.
>
> Tom,
>
> I have updated mapserver to include -laggfreetype in the
> link.  But this means that folks building agg themselves from
> source will be obligated to create a libaggfreetype.a in
> their agg-2.4/src directory.
>
> I *think* adding the following target to
> agg-2.4/src/Makefile, and then invoking "make libs" should do
> the trick.
>
> libs:	all ../font_freetype/agg_font_freetype.o
> 	$(LIB) libaggfreetype.a ../font_freetype/agg_font_freetype.o
>
> Ah yes, you also still need to add `freetype-config --cflags`
> or equivelent in CXXFLAGS.

I'm using agg 2.4 as defacto installed via yum on FC6.  Building again
gave me error about not finding -laggfreetype.

I changed configure.in and configure to point to -laggfontfreetype
instead and all built successfully again.  However, I'm not sure whether
-laggfreetype is agg 2.5 specific or not, so I have not committed this
change to trunk.  Please advise.

..Tom