5.0 release progress

Wed Aug 15 15:25:13 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

Lots of bugs have been killed in the last few weeks. We've been making
great progress, if I remember correctly we had a little over 110 open
tickets during our last IRC meeting and almost 2 weeks later we are down
to 63 open tickets.

Unfortunately we're not there yet, the Trac roadmap indicates that with
our 63 open tickets we're only 66% done:
   http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/milestone/5.0%20release?by=owner

I know I am one of those with the largest number of open tickets, and
I'm working on my list, but almost everyone has a few open tickets as
well, and if possible we'd like to see as many of them as possible
addressed before beta5 so that in the weeks that follow we start being
closer to a release candidate.

So once again, I'd invite you all to please keep a close eye on the
roadmap at
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/milestone/5.0%20release?by=owner and for
each of your open tickets, either:
        (1) act on them (fix or close as invalid, etc.),
        (2) move to FUTURE
        (3) move to 5.2
        (4) update status if bug is still current and will be fixed
            in this release

Oh, and BTW, please don't forget that we have our next IRC meeting
scheduled for this Friday at 10am EDT:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=8&day=17&year=2007&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=165

Thanks to all for the great work!

Daniel Morissette