Minutes of August 17 IRC meeting

Fri Aug 17 11:29:38 EDT 2007

Here are the minutes of this morning's IRC meeting:

MapServer 5.0 IRC Meeting, August 17, 2007

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=8&day=17&year=2007&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=165

Agenda:
-------

1- Update from developers
     - Review state of Trac roadmap at
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/milestone/5.0%20release?by=owner
     - What do we do with the AGG vs freetype build issue (#2215)?

2- Update from Docs group

3- Update from QA group

Minutes:
--------

Present:

   DanielM, SteveW, HowardB, TomK, ThomasB, NormandS, TamasS, ChrisS

1- Update from developers

   - Review state of Trac roadmap at
     http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/milestone/5.0%20release?by=owner

       Ideally we should aim to have all tickets that invlive source code
       changes done before next beta so that after that we can start
       talking about release candidates

   - What do we do with the AGG vs freetype build issue (#2215)?

      Daniel will try to do something with configure to point directly
      to the AGG source and will post a note to mapserver-dev once that's
      done to get others to test on all platforms

      nmake.opt should also be updated accordingly

2- Update from Docs group

   - Howard wrote: I have a 4.10 snapshot from about 5-6 weeks ago.  I think
     we should update the master docs to 5.0 because people are familiar
     editing in that way

   - We all miss the organized structure that we had with CVS in the old
     website to manage docs by software version. "We had good process for
     developer documentation.  It was terrible for outside contributor
     stuff.  Now we've gone the other way."
     We will need to find a documentation lead to bring some order back.

3- Update from QA group

   - New testing report (Plone questionnaire) available at:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/release_plans/mapserver_5_0/questionnaire.2007-08-06.6792918562/

   - Tamas setup the msautotest-gdal and -misc on the buildbot and it
     doesn't seem to be running well on windows... several tests fail and
     will need to be checked.

Next meeting Friday August 31 at 10am EDT.