thread safety and OGR

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at GMAIL.COM
Sun Aug 19 19:21:20 EDT 2007

Frank,

I'm +0 on this issue since it is a symptomatic treatment but we should
also discover the particular reason of the issue. We should also
aspire to support the independent execution of the multiple threads as
much as we can.
As far as I remember the GetFieldAsString problem of OGR have been
treated as of RFC-6 as a "side effect".

We might want to ask the client for testing with the latest OGR. It
would be also practical to see whether your temporary fix really
solves the client's problem or not. If yes I would be interested in
tracking down the root of the problem at the OGR level.

Best regards,

Tamas Szekeres