OracleSpatial Join

Jim Klassen Jim.Klassen at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Wed Aug 22 17:25:44 EDT 2007

Has anyone experimented with using Mapserver Joins against an Oracle
table?

The syntax documented for the Postgres join sort of implies that any
OGR source would/could be supported, but when I tried it, it didn't work
and a read of the code and the documentation seems to support that it
wouldn't work.

It only looks like it would mildly daunting to add support for this to
mapjoin.c. I am wondering if it would be worthwhile to implement this or
if it just makes more sense to move all the necessary data to Oracle and
create a view?