MapServer 5.0-beta5 released

Wed Aug 22 18:03:06 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

MapServer 5.0.0-beta5 has just been released. The source package is
available at:

   http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/download/beta

The page above also contains links to binary distributions. They should
be updated with binaries for this beta in the next few days.

Hopefully we're in good shape to have a release candidate next week or
the week after. Thanks a lot to all those who have tested previous betas
and have reported their results, either via the list or directly in Trac
(bug tracker). That helps a lot... please keep testing and sending feedback.

Note that this release includes the same XSS vulnerability fixes that
were released in MapServer 4.10.3 a few minutes ago. The complete list
of changes/fixes since beta4 is included at the bottom of this email.

As was mentioned before, we plan to have one beta per week until the
final release of MapServer 5.0 which is planned for the week of
September 12, 2007. More details can be found in the 5.0 release plan at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/release_plans/mapserver_5_0/release_plan/

Daniel

Version 5.0.0-beta5 (2007-08-22)
--------------------------------

- Fixed XSS vulnerabilities (#2256)

- Allow building with AGG from source when libaggfontfreetype is missing.
   configure --with-agg=DIR now automatically tries to build
   agg_font_freetype.o from source if libaggfontfreetype is missing (#2215)

- Fixed possible buffer overflow in template processing (#2252)

- fix blending of transparent layers with RGBA images

- AGG: speed up rendering of pixmap marker symbols

- Implement OGR thread-safety via use of an OGR lock (#1977).

- Fixed compile warnings (#2226)

- Fixed mappdf.c compile warnings, PDF support was probably unusable
   before that fix (#2251)

- Adding -DUSE_GENERIC_MS_NINT to the WIN64 builds (#2250)

- Adding msSaveImageBuffer and use that function from the mapscript
   library instead of the renderer specific functions. (#2241)

- Split each format into it's own <formats> element in WCS describe
   coverage results (#2244).

- Support to run the mapscript c# examples on x64 platform (#2240)

- Fixed problem introduced in 5.0.0-beta4: all HTML legend icons were
   empty white images (#2243)

- Fixed WMS Client to always send STYLES parameter with WMS GetMap
   requests (#2242)

- Fixed support for label encoding in SVG output (#2239)

- Added support for label encoding in legend (#2239)

- Fixed PHP MapScript layer->queryByAttributes() to not accept empty or
   null qitem arg (#480)

- AGG: fixed incorrect rendering of pixmaps on MSB architectures (#2235)

- Added layer.getFeature() in PHP MapScript with optional tileindex arg,
   and deprecated layer.getShape() to match what we had in SWIG (#900)

- Added class.getTextString() and deprecated/renamed class.getExpression()
   and layer.getFilter() to class.getExpressionString() and
   layer.getFilterString() to match what we have in SWIG MapScript (#1892)