Problems with configure options in JavaMapscript

Umberto Nicoletti umberto.nicoletti at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 17 06:18:02 EST 2007

On Jun 8, 2006 5:24 AM, Nicol Hermann <mapserver at geoworld.de> wrote:
> Dear Developers,
>
> i found two issues with the configure options in JAVA Mapscript.
> I use the lastest cvs version of mapserver.
>
> Here are the two things in found
>
> 1) --with-sos
> This option causes the following error
>
> Exception in thread "main"
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_08/jre/lib/i386/client/libmapscript.so: /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_08/jre/lib/i386/client/libmapscript.so: undefined symbol: xmlFree
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1586)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1511)
>         at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:788)
>         at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:834)
>         at msjava.initms.main(initms.java:8)

I realize I'm a bit late, but I have eventually found out what was
causing the problem. The -lxml2 option to the linker was missing in
the makefile, probably because of a cut and paste.
I have just fixed it in cvs.

Sorry for the long wait....
Regards,
Umberto