Still having compile errors

Dewald Troskie dewald at GLOBALIMAGE.CO.ZA
Fri Feb 9 08:06:28 EST 2007

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I am still trying to compile MApserver under Windows on VC 8, and still keep
getting compile errors below:

obj  mapwms.obj mapwmslayer.obj mapgml.obj maporaclespatial.obj  mapprojhack.obj
 mapdraw.obj mapgd.obj mapoutput.obj mapswf.obj  mapgdal.obj mapwfs.obj mapwfsla
yer.obj mapows.obj maphttp.obj  mappdf.obj mapcontext.obj mapdrawgdal.obj mapjoi
n.obj mapgraticule.obj  mapmygis.obj mapimagemap.obj mapcopy.obj maprasterquery.
obj  mapogcfilter.obj mapogcsld.obj mapthread.obj mapobject.obj  classobject.obj
 layerobject.obj mapwcs.obj mapgeos.obj strptime.obj  mapcpl.obj mapio.obj mappo
ol.obj mapsvg.obj mapregex.obj mappluginlayer.obj  mapogcsos.obj mappostgresql.o
bj mapcrypto.obj   c:\projects\regex-0.12\regex.obj c:\projects\gdwin32\bgd.lib
      c:\projects\proj-4.5.0/src/proj_i.lib   c:\projects\curl-7.16.1/lib/releas
e-dll/libcurl_imp.lib     "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\Platfor
mSDK\Lib\WS2_32.Lib"             /out:libmap.dll /implib:mapserver_i.lib
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 8.00.50727.42

   Creating library mapserver_i.lib and object mapserver_i.exp
mapsvg.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzopen referenced in fun
ction _msImageCreateSVG
mapsvg.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzwrite referenced in fu
nction _msIO_fprintfgz
mapsvg.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gzclose referenced in fu
nction _msSaveImagetoFpSVG
libmap.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\l
ink.EXE"' : return code '0x460'
Stop.

I have enabled the LDFLAGS options in nmake.opt, am using the vanilla config
with almost no modules enabled (no GDAL/OGR; custom libraries, just Regex;
GD (bgd.lib) and the curl libraries for WMS support). I had ZLIB
functionality enabled, but hashed it out to exclude SVG/PNG compression.
What else am I missing? What am I doing wrong?

Please help, I need to compile the Mapserver to be able to compile C#
Mapscript in VC8, to use in VS2005. Is there any other place I can get a
precompiled .NET 2.0 library for Mapscript C# (not the ones in MS4W, they
are giving me reference errors in VS2005).

Thanks,

Dewald Troskie
GIS Developer / Database Architect
Network Administrator
GIS Global Image (Pty) Ltd.
Helping the world make informed decisions
P.O Box 15 The Innovation Hub 0087
Cell: +27 (0)82 615 0248
Tel: +27 (0)12 844 0660
Fax: +27 (0)86 619 3958