4.10.1 release?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Feb 12 09:08:17 EST 2007

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> it's been more than 4 months since the 4.10 release, does anybody have an
> insight if there has been a significant amount of bug fixes that would make
> a 4.10.1 release viable?

Bart,

These are the changes listed in the HISTORY.TXT file for the 4.10
branch.  While no one item here seems compelling to me, cumulatively
I think they justify a 4.10.1 release any time.  Daniel / Steve?  Anyone
care to take this bull by the horns?

Version 4.10.1 (??)
-------------------

- Fix support for OFFSITE for simple greyscale rasters (bug 2024).

- Ignore MS_DELETE layers in msWriteMapContext() (bug 2011)

- Fixed problem with WMS CONNECTION strings that contains a layer name
   with a "." in them (bug 1996)

- Enabled setting of a layer tileindex (e.g. map_layername_tileindex) via the
   CGI program. (bug 1992)

- Added feature to the CGI to check runtime substitutions against patterns
   defined in layer metadata. (bug 1918)

- Fixed INCLUDEs to accept paths relative to the location of the mapfile
   (bug 1880)

- maperror.c: fix long in-image error message wrapping (bug 1963)

- maperror.c: fix closing of stderr/stdout after writing error msg (bug 1970)

- Fixed setRotation() to check for MS_SUCCESS, not MS_TRUE (bug 1968)

- sde->row_id_column needs to be initialized to NULL in msSDELayerOpen
   (bug 1953)

- Makefile.in: fix mapogr rule so that it works with regular make (not gnumake)

- Fixed bug in loadExpressionString (bug 1948)

- Fix possible gdal-related build problem by including gdal-config --dep-libs
   in GDAL_LIBS (bug 2004)