Add shapeObj.DouglasPeuckerSimplifier() in MapScript?

Fri Feb 23 17:03:23 EST 2007

We have a need to simplify (generalize) some shapefiles and we'll
probably do that by hacking a local copy of MapScript to add a
shapeObj.DouglasPeuckerSimplifier() that calls GEOS'
DouglasPeuckerSimplifier() function.

Should we consider integrating this new method in MapServer for 5.0? I
realize that generalizing data is a bit off-topic for MapServer, I'm
sending this to find out whether others think this belongs in MapServer
or not.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/