KML output format?

Thu Jan 4 15:30:43 EST 2007

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:
> Right, we recently used Geoserver a lot to do this and it is excellent
> functionality to have. We were thinking about having KML for Mapserver,
> since we use Mapserver a lot more than Geoserver. How much
> funding/co-funding are you thinking about Daniel?

Actually the initial request I got for this came from someone who is in
the same situation as you: a long time user MapServer who saw it done in
GeoServer and wanted it in MapServer too.

With respect to how much funding, I don't know yet. I am fairly new to
KML and am not exactly clear yet on the amount of work involved.
However, as usual, we could probably do something quick to support the
most common use case for a few k$ and if we have more funding then we
could add more bells and whistles.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/