KML output format?

Denis Nadeau denis.nadeau at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 4 16:18:18 EST 2007

Hi,

I have been working here at the NASA DISC to implement a kml file that calls
MapServer WMS for Tropical Rainfall hourly data.

ftp://disc2.nascom.nasa.gov/data/TRMM/Gridded/Hurricane_Maps/Archive/KMZ_files/trmm-3B42-NRT.kmz
(kmz is only a zipped kml file.)
"That file links to a reflector (cgi-script) which is called each time the
camera stop and refreshing Google Earth with a new map.
 An interesting point is that Google Earth passes the BBOX to the reflector.
"

As mentionned in previous mesages, version GE 4.0 Beta now support WMS
GetCapabilities request. (ADD->Image Overlay->Refresh->WMS parameter)

I don't think the amount of work involve to create a basic KML driver will
be much.

I have done a lot of works with google earth lately,  if you need some input
let me know.

Denis