Access Control in MapServer

Umberto Nicoletti umberto.nicoletti at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 23 06:39:04 EST 2007

On 1/17/07, Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com> wrote:
> We are working on a proposal that, if it is accepted, would lead to the
> addition of access control in MapServer. More specifically, we need to
> provide the ability for MapServer to control which data layers, shapes
> or attributes can be accessed by a given authenticated user. This would
> be mostly useful when accessing data through OGC interfaces (WMS, WFS,
> WCS and SOS), but if possible we should look at how this can also apply
> in the regular CGI mode.

Since these interfaces are XML-based wouldn't it be feasible to
process them with Cocoon to obtain the desired result?
Cocoon is getting increasing attention in the GIS world, for instance
to 'fix' arcims requests/responses.
Cocoon is at: http://cocoon.apache.org

Just my 2c,
Umberto