Status of AGG support?

Thu Jul 5 16:56:20 EDT 2007

Steve,

http://imaptools.com/maps/compare-maps2.php?loc=2&ll=41.85+-87.65&address=&city=&state=&zipcode=&country=&asrv=1&amf=%2Fu%2Fdata%2Fmaps%2Fgoogle-aa2.map&msa=mapserv-4.10&bsrv=1&bmf=%2Fu%2Fdata%2Fmaps%2Fgoogle-agg.map&msb=mapserv-4.99&submit=Show

Here is a side by side comparison.

google-aa2 is using "PNG8"
google-agg is using "agg/png24"

   OUTPUTFORMAT
     NAME "agg/png24"
     MIMETYPE "image/png; mode=24bit"
     DRIVER "AGG/PNG"
     EXTENSION "png"
     IMAGEMODE "RGB"
     FORMATOPTION "PALETTE_FORCE=TRUE"
     FORMATOPTION "PALETTE=/u/data/maps/palette-google-agg.txt"
   END

ONE of the differences is mapserver-4.10 vs mapserv-4.99 and the fact
that 4.99 has broken support for:

   OUTPUTFORMAT
     NAME PNG8
     DRIVER "GD/PNG"