style level transparency

Fri Jul 6 10:25:03 EDT 2007

I am going to do some testing with it now though to get an idea for complexity. Shouldn't
be bad for GD, but it won't work well, or at all for AGG because of the alpha blending
incompatabilities with the GD buffer alpha representation. Perhaps there is a work around.

Steve

Normand Savard wrote:
> Yewondwossen Assefa wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>>  One of the target feature for the 5.0 release was the support of
>> style or class level transparency (at least for GD based formats).
>>  I had a brief discussion with Steve and after some tests that Steve
>> did, my understanding is that this feature can only be supported when
>> the output is a 24bit image and we wont be able to support it with the
>> current approach for 8 bit images.
>> Do people feel that this feature is worth for consideration even with
>> this limitation ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
> Do you think the support of style or class level transparency will make
> it for MS 5.0 release?

  Not sure. I know that there is an opacity parameter in the style
object but I think it is not yet used.

> Norm

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst