Status of AGG support?

Sat Jul 7 00:53:50 EDT 2007

Steve Lime wrote:
> Thanks, that's why the output blows. The forced palette has no room
> for interpretation those are the only colors allocated in the output
> image and all colors are mapped to that palette. That is done after
> all rendering is complete. It works this way to support tiling to
> that colors are absolutely consistent from tile to tile. The option
> really isn't useful beyond offline mass tiling.

OK, well then have we tried an alternative approach to handling the
palette. That would be to take the approach that I thought it was doing :)

If you define the palette using the method that I described that would
freeze the primary colors used in the mapfile. All other palette colors
would be allowed to be generated dynamically as needed. When the color
reduction process runs it would have to honor those colors in the
palette, but could also add additional colors as needed in the
additional slots. This would fix the big color shifts that we were
seeing in the tiling and any shifting in the anti-aliasing between
meta-tiles would probably not be noticeable.

I think the current approach it way to rigid and absolute, but it might
be useful for some situations.

If the above is relatively easy to implement, I would be happy to run
some tests on it.

-Steve W