Motion to move Feature Freeze to July 23rd

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Jul 10 15:38:30 EDT 2007

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Personally I think of a RFC as exactly what you describe as developer
> docs. I think it should be a requirement of a RFC to contain enough
> information and examples for users to be able to use it, so if you have
> a specific RFC in mind that doesn't contain enough information then
> perhaps this RFC needs an update.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I'm not against better organized dev docs, but we'd
> need a volunteer to take the lead on that... and at least in the
> meantime we have RFCs.

Steve,

I'm kind of with Daniel on this.  In particular, I don't want a new
class of intermediate developer generated documentation to manage.  I
think we should either "put it in the RFC" or draft it directly into the
final documentation.