FGS Repository for MapServer 5

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Sat Jul 14 02:47:01 EDT 2007

Folks,

I've made a preliminary pass to build a MapServer 5 package using FGS.
Details on using it can be found at:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/release_plans/mapserver_5_0/fgs-msx-5.0

Currently the mapserver built does not include SOS or AGG support which I think
should be added.  I'd also like to try making a package from the msautotest
and python unit tests so they can be easily run if desired.

It should work on any reasonably modern x86 Linux or compatible (ie. it works
on my Ubuntu x86_64 system).  I'm interested in hearing about compatability
issues.

I don't have any cron jobs rebuilding the mapserver package itself yet, but
I'll try and add that this weekend or early next week.

Assuming this mechanism works ok, I'd like to have it be a standard way of
us providing development binaries in the future.