RFC-24 for symbolObjs is done

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Jul 17 10:19:41 EDT 2007

Umberto Nicoletti wrote:
> Thanks Frank!
> Does this also fix the problem mentioned by Assefa?
>
> I usually run the msautotest suite before cvs commits and I did not
> notice segfaults...maybe they scrolled past the screen along with
> other failures.
>
> We should probably detect and differentiate segfaults in the
> msautotest suite from generic failures to make sure they dont' go
> unseen. I'll open a ticket to remind us of this.

Umberto,

Agreed.  I can only really detect that no output file was created,
but I'll modify things to categorize these seperately.  I already
warn of them as being urgent issues.

I also made a run through the msautotest/gdal and msautotest/misc
tests trying to make them more "stable".  I discovered that the
data and EXTENT region for most gdal maps were such that sampling
fell right on pixel boundaries making results very sensitive to
floating point rounding issues.

> I'll run the msautotest suite right now to make sure it is all okay.

Sounds good.

I'm also getting crashes in msautotest/mspython/rqtest.py sometimes
when I use the fgs-msx binaries.  But I'll continue to dig into that.
I'm not sure what is causing it.