Thoughts on a mapserver-config script...

Thu Jun 7 11:06:47 EDT 2007

Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> Umberto,
>
> My primary intention with that ticket was to remove the explicit
> duplication of the various libraries in the csharp Makefile.in like:
>
> PROJ_INC= @PROJ_INC@
> PROJ_LIBS= @PROJ_LIBS@
> PROJ=     @PROJ_ENABLED@
>
> that should not be needed. The actual solution requires to make some
> additional efforts to keep the csharp and the core makefile in sync.
> I think we might have a different selection of the defines to compile
> the core mapserver related stuff than to pass the variables to the
> SWIG command line.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean correctly, but I think all
you need is to use the @ALL__ENABLED@ in the swig makefiles (or build
scripts). Here is what the PHP MapScript Makefile.in does to avoid the
duplication you describe above:

MS_DEFINE = @ALL_ENABLED@
MS_INC =    @MS_INC@ @ALL_INC@
MS_STATIC = @ALL_STATIC_LIB@