Thoughts on a feature cache for queries...

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Fri Jun 8 00:04:19 EDT 2007

> Steve,
>
> I continue to think that the layervtable is the most feasible place
> where this effort can easily be undertaken. In the recent days I've
> just been planning to make some tests in this regard and find out how
> to simplify RFC22 to show that this implementation isn't as large as
> it seems at the first sight (I consider that was the primary reason of
> the abstention from this idea so far, shoulda' recall that thread
> again).

Tamas,

It seems that our timetable for 5.0 is winding down, and I think
implementing an overhauled RFC 22 could be challenging.  However, I'll
hold off on producing a query-cache specific RFC if you feel strongly
about presenting a more general solution in the 5.0 time frame.