Provenance spreadsheet...

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at MAPGEARS.COM
Thu Jun 14 11:35:03 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Seeing the spreadsheet raised some questions that I think need a consensus.

I think we agreed on a standard header, but is it somewhere in the wiki?
Also, files added by me, Assefa and Daniel, have the MS/MIT license
except for that line:

DM license:
  * The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included
  * in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

MS license:
  * The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
included in
  * all copies of this Software or works derived from this Software.

Is it critical? What should we do?

Since don't seem to be able to modify the spreadsheet myself here a some
addition:
I (JSL) was, with Assefa (YA), the primary contributor of mapcontext.c.
Zak James (ZJ) was the primary contributor of mappdf.c and I think Sacha
Fournier (SF) contribute the first version of maptemplate.c (I may be
wrong with that one) for the HTML legend, but he's gone since 2004. The
header in maptemplate.c does not refer to him probably because the
header was added by Frank when he added a header to all files.

What should we do with people that are gone?

That makes DM Solutions Group the copyright holder of all files
contributed by me Assefa and Daniel I guess.

My last question is about the Copyright years. Most files have a year of
   creation and try to have the year of the last update, but it's not
up-to-date. Daniel used to update all the files on the first days of
January, but it's not systematic. Should it be?

Julien

--
Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Mapgears