MS RFC 30: Support for WMS 1.3.0

Fri Jun 15 17:55:01 EDT 2007

One last RFC before the weekend, I promise! :)  MS RFC 30 is to document
changes required in order to upgrade MapServer's OGC WMS support to
version 1.3.0:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-30

It was not clear whether this would require a RFC or not since this is
just an upgrade to a new revision of an already well supported spec, but
after some discussion on the topic on IRC a little while ago it was
agreed that given the type of changes introduced by this revision of WMS
we should properly document the changes/issues in a RFC.

Unfortunately I have not yet sorted out the exact way that I will deal
with the changes, and especially the new axis order handling (the main
issue in WMS 1.3.0), but I have a good idea in mind and wanted to get
this RFC out as a heads up that I plan to add WMS 1.3.0 in MapServer
5.0, and you should expect more details soon on this... and of course I
will fill in as much details as possible in the RFC before I call for a
vote on it.

Cheers

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/